Comment whatever you like, but comment moderation is turned on. It might take some time for your comment to be published.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Work Of The Day : Middle Man

Ever get caught in the middle between two parties? Be it work or a relationship.

I've these vendors of different products. Each has their own views and expertise. If these two "dunggu's" don't work together, the whole company infrastructure will not work. Vendor (A), like to do last minutes changes. Vendor (B) on the other hand, willing to go beyond expectation to ensure his customer needs is fulfilled. Anyway, due to conflict of ideas, each is claiming their methods of implementation is right and the other party method will not work. Me on the other hand, stuck in the middle and it's just few more hours left before the project go live. I've listened to both side stories. Both explanation sounds logical. Called up (A) to explain (B) point of view and vice versa. It's like driving on a roundabout going nowhere!

Getting tired on all these. Anger starts to kicks in (usually I don't let anger takes control of me. I'm an extremely nice person to deal with, cool, tolerant, understanding... woahhh, I'm floating on air laa...) Made them liase with each other so that they can come to an understanding. Alas, things get worst. Heated argument between both. I'm running out of time and these professionals are behaving like babies.

Late in the evening, (A) called to informed he admitted the error at his side and agreed with (B) method. FINALLY!! Thank you god for listening to my prayer. But the error cannot be corrected overnight. At the end, the implementation have to be postponed. I will have a lot to explain to my boss. It's hard to accept (A) lame error after all the informations has been given in advance. It's really frustrating working with such vendor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say that they are professionals who have a heated argument. Isn't this a contradiction? Just my 5 cents.

:)

It is good that you stay cool, but isn't it better to comment sometimes and give guidance to your vendors? Especially when you run out of time?

Another 5 cents, lol

dizzyguy73 said...

:D They r pro, but they dont act like a pro. These vendors sometimes do get a bash straight in the face from me when things goes wrong. How many times do I need to do this & guide them? They know better than me. Wat to do, next time don't give them business lor :)

Comment whatever you like, but comment moderation is turned on. It might take some time for your comment to be published.