Comment whatever you like, but comment moderation is turned on. It might take some time for your comment to be published.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Life's Like That : Work Till Wee Hours

Being single, I don't mind putting up extra hours or sometimes, working till wee hours just to get things done, rushing for deadlines. In the course of doing so, I've often skipped my lunch and having dinner late at night, morning, 12+, bath and head straight to bed ... Zzzzz. This repeats the next day.

At times, it makes me wonder. Is it worth forcing myself this way?? Working like a cow for the company with dirt low pay. If I got sick, in return, will my boss do the same, taking good care of me? What if I'm really sick for a few months. Will they sack me and hire a new person instead? Most important of all, will other things in life matter, if I don't have health? If I have a married life, that will be even worse. Not being able to reach home on time, having dinner with loved ones. No time to spare for the kid/s. That's where priority kicks in.

5 comments:

Rajesh Soundararajan said...

Interesting stuff... how true!

Anonymous said...

True.."that's where priority kicks in"... Family first.

Pike-chan said...

yup... family first and remember to have joy in your life too cos living a life is not only about working hard for your career ;)

Anonymous said...

While you should put in a lot to make your work great, you are right - you need to understand that there is no job security anymore. So learn as much as you can and be prepared to jump. And still enjoy your life :)

dizzyguy73 said...

Thanks all for the comment. Cheers.

Comment whatever you like, but comment moderation is turned on. It might take some time for your comment to be published.