Comment whatever you like, but comment moderation is turned on. It might take some time for your comment to be published.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Test DELL notebook & keep it for free

Beware you unsuspecting people out there. Been getting this email claimed to be from DELL

From : "dell_review@e-blogsite.com"
Sent : Monday, June 16, 2008 12:00:31 AM
Subject : Review and Keep : Dell Notebook
We have selected you from our database to Test and Keep a Dell
Notebook
. To proceed just complete the information at the link below
and we will send the Dell Notebook to you. You will need to give
feedback to us on the item and then you can keep the Dell Notebook.

Proceed here
http://actual url link removed


Thanks,

Dell List
Test and Keep Division



Well, firstly, if it's from Dell, why aren't they using their corporate email address ?
And just look at the date.
Third, there's no such thing as FREE anymore in this world, more ever a free notebook.
Lastly, the link is pointing to a very strange website, which I dare not click. Don't want to end up, having my notebook infected by virus / spyware.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

geez...true, nothing is free
clever u!

dizzyguy73 said...

well, if we r all alert & take notice of things, we all can be clever.

Gary said...

I'll click on the link at home on my Mac. Should I use the name of Bill Gates?

The writing of the e-mail reeks of somebody for whom English is not his or her strong suite. That's enough for me to know the offer is a load of BS.

dizzyguy73 said...

That's right Gary. That's full load of BS

Unknown said...

Thanks, I knew it was crap but it's good to hear from others.

Side note: it's "moreover" not "more ever". Please don't take offence. I know most people do...

dizzyguy73 said...

TQ Erin :)

Townsend pad. said...

http://2xdizzy.blogspot.com/search?q=rs9600
Hello Dizzyguy. I know that this is not the place to add this post. In the link above, I went to the link that you posted. I was not able to find the driver to make the rs9600 network adapter work. I was wondering if you could send me the driver that you used for yours. As far as that laptop thing that the post was about, I went through something like this on eBay. The way it ended up I fought it. I put bad feedback in for him and he did the same for me. Bad deal. Send email to cateddy@hotmail.com with any information. Thanks in advance. Chuck

Comment whatever you like, but comment moderation is turned on. It might take some time for your comment to be published.