Comment whatever you like, but comment moderation is turned on. It might take some time for your comment to be published.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Resigned

Tendered my resignation this morning, even though I have yet to get the offer letter from the other side. I know, to be on the safe side, I should be getting the offer letter first, but I don't know why I'm so anxious to throw the letter today. My heart says, "yes, throw it throw it!". So I'm just following my heart.

My boss was rather calm & cool when I handed the letter the her. Guess she has expected this to happen. Just one word "OK", not more not less. I'm abit dissapointed though, because I expect a bigger reaction, after 10 years plus of working under the same roof. Oh well, that will be good also as I don't have to waste time explaining.

I was called into the discussion after about an hour. I was asked whether I can allow her some space for negotiation. However, I told her my decision is final & I'm moving forward. She accepted that & wish me all the best.


Rough road ahead

I felt happier after tendering. But right now, thinking of what awaits me ahead is making me a bit worry & tense. My future boss is giving me a chance to serve the new company, even though I have no hands on or experience in few of the their systems. I just feel that, I cannot let him down & I need to buck up by using all the time I have now to enrich my knowledge. He must have a good impression of me. He must acknowledge that, he has employed the right person for the job. I must not let him down.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm sounds like your present company still want you, they still wantn to negotiate....but after many years, i understand the feeling of fed up and tired...time to move on....
your new job! wei! why so tensed up so fast la u. relax a bit lerr.. im sure your new boss knows that you have minimum knowledge in their new system and will certainly give you time to pick up things. Dont worry, i am still praying for you everyday. All will be well.

Unknown said...

hmm..thats a nice pen!

dizzyguy73 said...

Nice right? I have been using it since the 1st day I got it. Brings it with me, everywhere I go, just like how my darling remains in my mind everytime ;) :P

Thanks Tina, but I just dont like to let people down. I must work additional hard before 1st July

Comment whatever you like, but comment moderation is turned on. It might take some time for your comment to be published.